Product Focus: Spodumene (Lithium) Flotation Collectors For Enhanced Recovery
INTERCOL® COLLECTORS FOR IMPROVED OXIDE MINERAL RECOVERY & SELECTIVITY - LITHIUM (SPODUMENE) BENEFICIATION
InterChem is a leading reagent-based solutions provider for the recovery of lithium and rare earths from various hard-rock sources through flotation. To meet growing lithium demand, especially for electric vehicle batteries, InterChem is seeking more efficient means of producing high-purity lithium with reduced cost and environmental impact. InterChem’s specialty collector and frother reagents can enhance lithium processing to improve productivity and reduce customers' operating costs.
- Our INTERCOL® collectors for lithium beneficiation optimize spodumene flotation processes, to offer improved performance, greater selectivity against iron to produce high-grade spodumene concentrates and better overall metallurgical performance than traditional collectors. Our offerings include fatty acids, sulfosuccinamate and phosphonic acid collectors.
- Our INTERFLOAT® frothers are formulated to optimize spodumene flotation (lithium recovery) and allow for lower dosages compared to typical alcohol based frothers.
Fatty Acid Collector Products for Lithium Mineral Flotation
- INTERCOL® C 9000 Series of premium fatty acid collectors are proprietary high performance fatty acid collectors. They are suitable for floating a wide range of oxide ores including spodumene, rare earths such as monazite and xenotime, glass sands, apatite, and numerous other minerals.
- A wide range of fatty acid collectors are available of varying fatty acid composition, both with and without dispersing additives to provide enhanced performance. An example of the high-performance collectors in this product range is INTERCOL® C 9140, which has displayed superior Li2O Grade/Recovery performance when floating spodumene in comparison to standard commercially available Tall Oil Fatty Acids (TOFA) and competitive blended fatty acid collectors.
- Whilst other fatty acid collectors only achieve acceptable flotation performance in relatively clean (low TDS) tap water, INTERCOL® C 9140 has also demonstrated its ability to outperform when using hypersaline site process water.